Director Clint Dyer’s “Othello,” which premiered in 2022 is a modern reimagining of Shakespeare’s tragedy.
Othello is portrayed as a Moorish general who is an outsider in a predominantly white society.
The play explores themes of human nature such as suspicion and jealousy, while also addressing issues like racial discrimination and domestic violence. Female characters are depicted as actively resisting domestic violence, Iago as a violent racist and the ensemble as a disinterested public.
- S. Korea's English proficiency slips 13 notches to 49th
- Leeum Museum ecological project starts Dec. 1 with Chanel Culture Fund
- 한동훈 “나는 스타장관 아니다, 여당 아닌 야당이 날 띄우는 것"
- [From the Scene] Jewel Changi offers glimpse of how to make airport fun
- BOK likely to keep policy rate unchanged on slowdown, hope for Fed's rate freeze, easing inflation
- 내년 총선, 정부여당 견제론 44% 지원론 44% '동률' [NBS]
- 이준석 "난 박근혜 키즈 넘어섰다…한동훈도 尹키즈 벗어나야"
- German ambassador advocates 'de