South Korea's foreign minister held a series of talks with his Malaysian and Indonesian counterparts in San Francisco this week and requested for their countries' support in South Korea's bid to host the 2030 World Expo, his office said Saturday.
Park Jin made the request during separate meetings with Malaysian Foreign Minister Zambry Abdul Kadir and Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi on Tuesday on the margins of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) ministerial meeting.
During his talks with Zambry, Park also requested support from Malaysia in efforts to elevate relations between South Korea and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations next year to a "comprehensive strategic partnership," according to Seoul's foreign ministry.
- Hotel chief fined for safety violation in Itaewon tragedy trial
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- Industry minister asks refiners to use fair pricing policy amid Israel
- Biden to visit Israel as war in Gaza sparks humanitarian crisis
- Seoul anticipates 3
- New government initiative offers W3b reward to combat digital piracy
- Omega X to return with 3rd EP ‘iykyk’ next month
- Import prices rise for 3rd month on higher oil costs